How Your Diet Can Increase Your Pleasure In Life
To increase your mood, you should focus on foods from ALL of the following groups. If you only focus on foods from one group, it could be detrimental to your health, and it will also make your diet extremely boring.
- Dopaminergic foods which contain high levels of tyrosine are dopaminergic. These include soy products such as miso, tempeh, natto and fuyu, as well as products such as avocados, almonds, spirulina and organic eggs and dairy.
- Whole foods Whole grains such as whole wheat, barley, oats etc. These are much better for you than refined grains. If you eat bread or cereal for example, check that the grains used are whole grain. Also, use unrefined, whole rice and pasta. It should say on the packaging if the product is made from whole grain. Manufacturers are starting to realize the importance of whole grains now so tend to advertise this fact more. Follow 3 week diet for more information.
- Fruit and vegetables:these are really important in a diet. Try to include a wide variety of fruit and vegetables in your diet, and buy organic where possible. Organic products will not have used any harmful chemicals in the growing or production process so are generally much better for you.
Fruit and vegetables are rich in fiber, and also in vitamins. It is important to remember that many nutrients can disappear if you overcook them so try and eat raw or lightly steamed vegetables rather than ones which have been cooked for a long time.
- Protein Everyone needs protein in their diet, but not everyone wants to eat meat. There are other sources of protein available which are also mood enhancing foods, such as lentils and beans. If you are unsure what to do with these, then there is a vast range of recipes on-line for you to try.
- Supplements There are some supplements which specifically treat low dopamine levels, such as L tyrosine, Mucunapruriens, Rhodiola and Green Tea. Omega 3 fats are also needed by the body to produce neurotransmitters.